In Warwick Township, each person who owns or occupies a residential dwelling or multi-family dwelling is required to recycle the following materials: Clear & colored glass, aluminum cans, steel cans, plastic, newsprint, yard waste, tires & white goods. Each person who owns or occupies a commercial, industrial, or institutional building is required torecycle high grade office paper and corrugated cardboard in addition to the previously listed materials. Residents may either arrange for collection of these materials by a permitted hauler, or take them to a Lancaster County Solid Waste Management Authority facility.
Please note: please make sure your trash and recyclables are secured on windy days; plastics and trash blowing around pollutes our land and our streams. If possible, wait until your next scheduled collection day to place recyclables at the curb on windy days.
Styrofoam: Dart Container will accept styrofoam with a Resin Code 6, such as packaging material to protect computers, large appliances, etc. (NO fire retardant material and NO packing peanuts). They have two locations that are available 24 hours a day: 60 East Main Street Leola (call 656-2236 for more information or for large deliveriers), and 110 Pitney Road, Lancater (call 390-0886 for more information or for large deliveries). For more information about Dart Container's polystyrene recycling program, please visit their website: https://www.dartcontainer.com/environment/ps-foam-recycling/
Other materials: The website http://earth911.com/ provides a comprehensive search of what materials can be recycled and where. Simply enter the material you want to recycle and your zip code, and they will provide a listing of available recycling centers.
We have a supply of battery bags on-hand if needed...simply ask!
We also have large brown yard waste bags available
at the Municipal Building. The cost for each bag is 50¢.
- Alternative Locations to Drop-off Leaves and Woody Yard Waste
- Drop-off Facility Fob Application
- Drop-off Facility Q & A
- Drop-off Facility Resident Letter
- Drop-off Facility Rules & Regulations
- Home Composting
- Leaf and Woody Yard Waste Drop-off Facility
- Plastics Information
- Recycling Guidelines
- Recycling Links
- The Proper Disposal of Prescription and Over-the-Counter Medications
- Waste Haulers
News & Announcements
- Due to inclement weather, the Warwick Township offices are closed today (3/14). The office will reopen on Wednesday 3/15 at 8am.
- Warwick Township receives a $50,000 grant from DCNR to complete Phase II of the Lions Park rehabilitation.
- 2017 Budget Highlights
- Christmas Tree Recycling at Municipal Building until Jan 23rd.
- 2016 Skywarn Spotter Training 10/6/2016