Click the images to view larger versions
Forney Field is located along Church Street in the Village of Rothsville. This park contains 17 acres of gently sloped land. This facility was preserved for recreational uses through the efforts of Warwick Township, Lancaster Polo Club, Lititz Youth Soccer Club, Jerusalem Evangelical Lutheran Church, and the heirs of Ben Forney.
The parking area is accessed from Church Road in Rothsville.
The original Forney Field consisted of 14.8 acres of land owned by Ben Forney. Mr. Forney was an avid polo player and was instrumental in helping form the Lancaster Polo Club in 1938. Forney Field has been home to the Lancaster Polo Club since 1957.
The maintenance of the facility is performed by Park Maintenance personnel under the Warwick Township Public Work's Department.