2020 General Fund Budget
Figure 1. Warwick Township Budgeted Revenues, by Category, for 2020.
* Other Taxes: Realty Transfer and Local Services Tax
- The first draft of the budget does not call for an increase in the real estate tax for 2020.
- The current millage rate is 0.2325, which translates to ¼ of $1 mill.
- The Township has maintained the equivalent of this millage rate since 1990.
- The real estate tax, for a home assessed at $200,000, is $45.80 in Warwick Township.
- The draft of the 2020 budget for revenue comes in at $5,275,584.62.
- The 5.4% revenue growth for 2020 is primarily from Realty Transfer, EIT and Building Permits.
- Future trends show reduced revenue from cable franchise and state reimbursements.
- Proposed in 2021 will discuss the potential of a Stormwater Fee.
Figure 2. Warwick Township Budgeted Expenses, by Category, for 2020.
- Expenditures for 2020 come to $5,204,514.51.
- The 2020 budget is a balanced budget.
- Over $712,000 is earmarked toward maintenance and repair of roads and bridges (the Township maintains 87 miles of roadway).
- The budget will continue the Township’s support and expansion of the Warwick Emergency Services Commission (direct support of fire and ambulance companies) and including an equipment replacement schedule.
- The Streetlight assessment rates will remain unchanged for 2020.
- The continuation of the Capital Storm Water Replacement Program, which includes replacement of CMP pipe, culvert replacement and basin modifications are provided under the proposed 2020 Fiscal Budget.
- The Northern Lancaster County Regional Police Department continues to provide police protection to Warwick Township and is in its 9th year of operation.
- Continued effort on a joint project to complete the 6th Street extension. Phase 1 construction of two roundabouts will be completed in 2020.
- The Township has no debt service.
- The Township continues to have an AA Bond Rating.
|Click to review previous Budget Fact Sheets:|
|2019 Budget Fact Sheet|
|2018 Budget Fact Sheet|
|2017 Budget Fact Sheet|
|2016 Budget Fact Sheet|
|2015 Budget Fact Sheet|