Leaf and Woody Yard Waste Drop-off Facility
Warwick Township's Leaf and Woody Yard Waste Drop-off Site is located at 550 Stauffer Road, between East Woods Drive & East Millport Road, north of Lancaster Airport. The site accepts tree limbs (not larger than 8" diameter), shrubs, leaves & garden residue. Signs are posted directing motorists to the appropriate drop-off area for these materials. Grass clippings are NOT accepted at the site. The facility hours are 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
The Warwick Township Leaf and Woody Yard Waste Drop-off Site was funded using a PA DEP Act 101, Section 902 Recycling Grant.
New Leaf and Woody Yard Waste Drop-off Site Access Restrictions
- Warwick Township mailed a letter to property owners on 1/19/17 explaining changes to the drop-off site. Changes are being made to insure the Township can meet the demand of our residents for this type of service.
- The site has been converted from an open access facility with an honor system to a controlled access facility. Township residents can obtain a key fob (a small device that fits on a key chain).The key fob provides access to the site and a record of visits.This step will protect future capacity and address flaws in the honor system. The administration cost for a fob for Township residents is $12.
- Township residents can get a key fob by filling out an application form and returning it to the Warwick Township Administration Office with the administration fee.
- Only residents of Warwick Township may obtain a key fob to access the site. This provides an unlimited number of trips to the site for a one-year period.
- Commercial, Institutional or Industrial property owners located within Warwick Township may also use the facility; however, they have a different fee schedule. Please contact the Township Administration Office for information at 717-626-8900.
- Commercial landscaping or yard maintenance service companies are not permitted to use the facility.
|Warwick Township has the following material for sale at the Drop-off Site. This material is available only to individuals who have a fob to access the site. You will need to bring your own shovel and bag/container, the site is self-service. Please note that non-payment could result in prosecution for theft of services.|
|Double Ground Chips||$2.00 per 30 gallon bag or can
$15.00 per 4x8 truck or trailer
$25.00 for loads larger than 4x8
|Organic Natural Fertilizer||$10.00 per plastic bag|
|Brown Leaf Bags||50 cents per bag|
In accordance with the drop-off site, Ordinance #228 was officially adopted by the Board of Supervisor's in 2007; this Ordinance addresses trash collection/recycling, as well as open burning in Warwick Township. (Click here to review Ordinance #228)
Click the following links for information about the Leaf and Woody Yard Waste Drop-off Site:
- Rules & Regulations
- Residential Use Only
- No Commercial Use of Any Kind
- Obey Posted Signage
- No Grass Clippings
- Leaves, Garden Residue, Shrubbery & Tree Trimmings Only
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Drop-off Facility Fob Application
The picture below illustrates how the key fob
is used at the Facility.
- Alternative Locations to Drop-off Leaves and Woody Yard Waste
- Drop-off Facility Fob Application
- Drop-off Facility Q & A
- Drop-off Facility Resident Letter
- Drop-off Facility Rules & Regulations
- Home Composting
- Leaf and Woody Yard Waste Drop-off Facility
- Plastics Information
- Recycling Guidelines
- Recycling Links
- Recycling Pamphlet
- The Proper Disposal of Prescription and Over-the-Counter Medications
- Waste Haulers